Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Court to Revisit Whether "Actual Innocence" Matters

The Supreme Court has agreed to reconsider a ruling that they made in another case and it's about time. Several years ago, I believe it was in the case of Leonel Torres Herrera the Supreme Court ruled that "actual innocence didn't matter" .

In a story in the Washington Post,
Paul House of Tennessee is seeking release from death row because of what his appeal to the court calls "powerful new evidence of innocence." He says that DNA proves that the seman that was on the victims clothing was her husband's and not House's seman. When I initially read in the Herrera case that the SC had said "actual innocence didn't matter", I thought that that was not justice and hope that with new technology available to exonerate people like House that perhaps justice can be served.


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tami,
great info on your blog this post I was really looking for information in more detail on handyman directory however I still found your read to be quite informative and interesting. Thanks for the useful info.

4:59 PM  
Anonymous california state contractor said...

Hello Tami, I was doing some research about california contractor and came across your this post blog. I'm not sure i found everything I needed exactly about california contractor however I still found your information very useful so I thought I would say thanks for the info.

6:23 PM  
Anonymous california contractor said...

Hello Tami, I was doing some research about california licensed contractor and came across your this post blog. I'm not sure i found everything I needed exactly about california licensed contractor however I still found your information very useful so I thought I would say thanks for the info.

2:19 PM  
Anonymous california painting contractor said...

Hi Tami, after searching page after page about california general contractor I ran across your blog this post which caught my attention because, of the amount of valuable and informative information you have. Unfortunately california general contractor is not exactly what I was looking for, however I enjoyed reading all your information. Thanks for the reading.

12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home