Monday, May 23, 2005

My friend Peg

I talked to my friend Peg, who is also a drug policy reform activist today. She is my friend and she recently suggested I go to her doctor, Dr. Patricia Salvato, who specializes in Chronic Fatigue Immune Dysfunction Syndrom (CFIDS) and HIV. I went to her and she had some labwork done and so far I have found out that I have high levels of Epstein-Barr virus (that's the one that causes Mononucleosis) and low ATP (Adenosine Tri-phosphate) levels and I am now getting once a week shots of ATP and Glutethione.

I have recently made big changes to my diet and and trying to lose weight. I have lost 14 pounds so far and hope to lose another a lot more. I am trying also to get more exercise - very gradually though, otherwise I get tired too easy. I am 46 years old and trying for once to get a grip on my health, get better from feeling tired all the time and prevent health problems such as diabetes from developing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Peg said...

Tami is going to be the first person I have ever seen actually recover from CFIDS, It is a syndrome 180 from HIV/AIDS. It's not sexually transmitted, but may be generational.

Tami, I'm looking forward to your blog development. And thanks for sharing so many Real issues.

12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home